'Unbearable' by Atlas Films
Nick is an up-and-coming writer with several shorts, TV series and features in development. He has recently gained agent representation with Jack Thomas at Independent Talent. UNBEARABLE is his first foray into Directing.
Emma works in Production on feature films such as TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY, ANNA KARENINA, RUSH, TWO FACES OF JANUARY and PADDINGTON. This is her second film as a Producer and she is currently building a slate of shorts and features to take into Production. Shot on the Arri Alexa.
Read 'Unbearable' HERE
First cut: Producers notes for the filmmakers
- Given you emailed us for feedback and started with ‘We know we need to trim it quite a bit, particularly the beginning but would love your input’ You know what we are going to say.
- The opening could be 30 seconds – cut HARD HARD HARD – we are at 2:48 before the story actually begins.
- Every shot in the first half feels like it could be tighter
- It feels like you have cut the music which has forced a laid back pace in the first half?
- The final beat is missing. This could be a music thing, or just one more shot of the car leaving. Maybe the sound of the girl crying? Just that last beat is missing.
- Technically excellent – really well done