'Last Chance' by Dan & Skylar Go Kiwi
(New Zealand) First Edit
Shot entirely on the iPhone 4S while on holiday in Wellington, New Zealand, "Last Chance" by team "Dan & Skylar Go Kiwi" is a fun collaboration between Dan Czerwonka and Skylar Towle of Los Angeles, California and local friends Kathleen Winter, Max Schleser and Marian Evans to experiment with attaching Canon lenses to Dan's iPhone.
Read Last Chance HERE
First cut: Producers notes for the filmmakers
- Like that’s its shot on an iPhone
- Fix music edit at around 40 seconds
- Fix stereo panning of voice overs
- Cut, cut, cut, the script and performance has a cutty / chirpy feel, use that too your advantage – try trimming EVERY shot as an exercise
- When there is no voice over, we MUST have atmos and foley – I would just cut those scenes MUCH tighter and have no sound effects or atmos in the whole piece
- Consider cutting some dialogue to increase pace.
- Location sound and performance not as goods as voice over – consider new voice over for the door scene and leave ALL dialogue out except for her ‘sure’. Work with the writer on this idea.
- Cut out BEFORE they leave frame, we want the last image we remember to be them, not a road and car
- Great attitude – like your comments in feedback.